Jubilation


Today almost felt like my wedding day, so many things would have to be organized and done, and at the end of the day I'd be in a steady relationship with the United States of America. I think you can already guess it, it was the date for my greencard interview. After months of engagement, stress, dates for biometrics and especially loads of forms and boredness, the day of judgement had finally arrived. After waking up, showering in a half clogged shower, trying to look professional and decent, searching hither and tither for my husbands birth certificate while his dad would be screaming downstairs that we'd be late, we finally got in the car, pulled up the directions and set off to our next destiny. We got there, everyone at the first desks was very friendly and helpful. We waited for about 2 hours in the foyer with other stressed out couples, carrying loads of paperwork and often in the company of a lawyer. The tv was on in the background, it wasn't possible to read the captions but the pictures said it all. Bombshells, exploding buildings and ambulances.. Journalists trying their best not to show the underlying fear for the ultimate sacrifice any reporter could make for their beloved pastime. After my good husband almost passed out cause of lack of sleep we finally got called by mr singleton, a tall dark man with a bandaid on top of his bald head. He guided us towards his office. After swearing to tell the truth we could sit down and the interview began.. From the begin on I felt he didn't like us. We couldn't show houses, cars or anythin on our names, he only thing we came with were pictures of our many travels. There was a slight problem with my name, it having a space on my birth certificate.. In the end he started speaking more friendly and understanding, we were both under 21 and I was very enthusiastically about college. He told us that we'd been approved and that was that, we could go get a stamp on my passport downstairs. The whole ride downstairs was one big release, all those months, days, hours we'd wait, we'd been nervous and bored, finally my life would begin again! Now only the placement test was left to do, so on we went to Georgia perimeter college. Coming here they told us the test would take at least 3 hours, so Purna and I went to get a sandwich in preparation. Neither one of us had had breakfast this morning. Coming back here they told me I don't have to take the major part of the exam, because my toefl test results were skyrocking. Only math was left. During the test i felt completely retarded, 100% sure id have to take remedial classes. Coming out the manager handed me a paper that said I passed, it was a close call but at least I passed. Right now waiting to finish up application, and then on to plannin baby's birthday!'! ❤️

Comments

Popular Posts