Packing List Southeast Asia

Hi there

I'm back from my travels! I spent 3.5 weeks with my lovely sister in Cambodia and Vietnam. From beautiful ancient temples, to bustling cities and fisherman's villages, to the supremely touristic Ha Long Bay (of which we saw the other, non touristic side in Cat Ba, definitely recommend that over the regular Ha Long Bay experience, because you actually don't see many tourists and the food was amazing) and the U23 game intensely celebrated in Ho Chi Minh and all other major cities in Vietnam. I had planned out my entire backpack in a way that I had everything, very minimalistically packed. At the store they recommended my sister that women/girls generally take at least 50 liter of luggage, while we had purchased backpacks earlier that only carried 35 liters. So, before the trip we were a little worried that we might end up with too little things to wear. However, this fear was completely ungrounded. All of the things below fit in a 35 liter backpack (I had the women's specific OSPREY)

IMPORTANT:
international adapter
phone charger
wallet
passport
passport photos (some countries require passport style photos for visa on arrival, definitely check that out before travelling) 

2 bikini's (of which I really only wore one, since the time of year didn't allow for too much swimming)
7 underwear
2 bras (one padded one soft)
3 pairs of socks (one thick for in airplanes)
1 sneakers
1 sandals
1 slippers (for in dorm showers and beach)

Bottoms:
1 jeans short
1 long jeans
1 leggings
1 linnen shorts (over the knees because: temples)

Tops:
6 shirts (one sleep shirt) good if they all match with your bottoms
1 long sleeve
1 zipped light jacket
1 raincoat

Misc:
notebook + 2 pens (came in handy to write down flight/confirmation numbers, phone numbers if phone dies)
reading book (pertaining to country of visit, Cambodia: First they killed my father)
small pouch to put receipts (bustickets, boarding passes etc)
a sarong has 1000 uses in these countries, as a blanket, beach cover, towel, scarf, something to cover shoulders/knees in temples, shoulderbag, etc. 
2 small cloth bags for bulk purchases (fruit, snacks)

Sustainable Gear:
Tiffin (I took two sizes, one for main dish and one mini)
Spoon, fork, bamboo straw (almost all drinks are served with a straw in these countries, except hot tea and coffee, so it pays off to have your own)
I purchased a set of chopsticks, they were very convenient when eating noodles. Also, forks are not allowed on some international flights in this area, because they could be used as a weapon. 


I hope you enjoyed, I'll post soon with more details about the places we've visited!
Vegan, zero waste tips to follow






Comments

Popular Posts