Crafting an effective Writer - Tools of the Trade

As you might be aware, I'm trying to usefully waste some time. (Previous sentence seems quite contradictory, doesn't it?) 
Anyhow, so after finishing my last online course on the learning platform "coursera", I started out this new one, called "crafting an effective writer - tools of the trade". Currently I'm supposed to keep a journal going, and since I already had one, that shouldn't be such a problem. In this journal today I'm going to list 10 nouns and adjectives that I observe around me. 

Photo of us, happy- dusty
Pencil - orange and sharp
Paper - white
BelVita breakfast biscuits - old, nutritious
Television - clean
Bed - unmade
Anne Frank book - broken
Floor - vacuumed
Calender - empty, forgotten
Windows - closed
Camera's - dead

In module 2 they are asking me to write down several verbs and adverbs, followed by sentences consisting of all 5 elements (nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs). So here we go!

Write - energetically
Watch - mindlessly
Reminisce - nostalgically
Call - often
Read - sparingly
Crochet - steadily
Cry - heavily

- After crying heavily over the broken Anne Frank book on my unmade bed, I commenced to crochet steadily for many hours, while mindlessly watching series on the recently cleaned Television. The forgotten calendar hang empty next to the closed windows. On my unmade bed I see two camera's, both dead. The old but nutritious BelVita biscuits often call me to write energetically with sharp orange pencils on white paper. The photo of us happily remains on the dusty desk where we make me reminisce nostalgically.

This is actually quite an accurate description of my room. Interesting to see the small pieces still accumulating to the whole even though completely broken down. It might be that my thought patterns stick to my perception of everyday life, which basically happens entirely in this room.

kusjes

Comments

Popular Posts