Veggie Haul #2

Hi y'all,
I just came back from a very quick little trip to Houston where I was able to meet up with some lovely friends from college. My sister flew here this morning and we've spend the entire afternoon and evening together, even taking a little walk over to Insomnia cookies for her sugar fix and making sure she'd stay awake as long as possible to avoid getting super jet-lagged. Anyways, I'll probably write about that later, maybe. Right before leaving for Houston, I did a big grocery haul, and ended up spending almost 100 dollars! Now I'm going to try to stretch that for as long as possible, maybe even freezing some of the stuff that I don't see us use immediately. Below you  can see how much i ended up getting. A ton of navel oranges, sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, tomato sauce, pasta's, olives, rice, oats, chickpeas, almonds, noodles, coconut water, rootbeer for tomorrow, brussels sprouts, ginger, turmeric, tomatoes, apples (new harvest), tofu, white corn chips for nachosđź‘€, and quinoa (we try to follow Ekadasi, even though my husband hates quinoa with a vengence). I'll probably write a little more about ekadasi later on. Oh I got organic bananas, pumpkin (the season has come!), and beansprouts too, and beans. Yea we're deff gonna be fine for like 2 weeks.


As always, I used my sari bags made from re-purposed saris, and they saved me in this case about 23 plastic bags. And then my sturdy foldable crate, also saved me from using a bunch, plus it makes life so much easier in carrying the stuff in.

All in all, I feel that we're doing pretty good. After doing some research and getting amazing tips from the lovely facebook community in Atlanta, I found my new favorite composting location at Georgia Tech's community garden. I'll also try out one at Sugar Creek, which is exactly in between me and my Dekalb Farmers Market. I'll probably write up my experience at both, and share some photos of the lovely gardens that these communities maintain.

Anyways, this is complete midnight writing, I'm super tired and should really knock out, but had an iced coffee the size of my head a few hours ago.

Comments

Popular Posts