LOCKEd up in Mill, Bacon, Hume, Ockham and Aristotle

Well Hare Krishna my dear friends

Nice to see you again at this lovely time of the day, more specified, the time we would usually be in class but since we're such good students our teacher, Abala mataji let us off early. And I thank her so much for that because I'm unusually tired. Had a surprise party on Skype yesterday evening, which kind of ruined the hours I should be sleeping but whatever, it was awesome to see my lovely friends from back home and get the latest interesting facts about TV-series which I do not follow here, nor did I follow them anywhere, still sweet that they keep me up to date.
  But anyway, we started today talking about our debate, which apparently is going to take place the 2nd of November. And is über interesting, since we are doing it on the great subjects Empiricism and Rationalism or on the Existence of God. The second we heard the topics, the boys chose Arguments on the Existence of God. Okay, that leaves us empiricism/rationalism which is also very interesting and I don't think we'll have any trouble getting enough information about it. In class we already have discussed so many philosophers that touch on these theories, we should be okay. And we got still like 3 weeks to finish it :p The only thing is that I also need to finish my essay about Tilak's Main Understanding of the Bhagavad Gita, which is due 5th of November. And then we need to finish another essay on Philosophy of love or something like that the 15th.. So it will be all coming together at the same time. FUN! 

  Okay, yesterday I couldn't find the inspiration to continue writing this blog, so I'll just go on now.. since my essay is not working out at all at the moment and I cannot find anything to say. It is actually so bad that I cannot even read my own writings.
  Well, let's have fun anyways and talk about one of my greatest friends, John Locke, who was the son of a lawyer somewhere, probably in the countryside of England, pleating for a farmer who wants a higher price for the milk of his sheep. Okay, let's just take a look on his main view. He is considered the grounder of empiricism.


Hmm.. okay, I've been so busy the past couple of days that I couldn't finish this blog and now I do not have the slightest clue what Locke's vision was. Well, I'll just tell you guys more about this wonderful day. Today it was Sunday and as you all maybe know.. Sunday is an awesome day because it's the second day of the weekend. Moreover, Sunday is the day of the big feast. A couple of my college students helped in the kitchen to make Samosa's, which is a delightful little fried snack, dough with vegetables. A lovely lady that my mom used to know came to our table and asked how I was doing, and then we had this long conversation about how big I have grown and how my parents were doing etc etc. Really nice, I see so many people from my past in Radhadesh. They all seem to be doing really well and having lots of fun and love in their life. Of course there has also been points of sadness but since most of them practice Krishna Consciousness they all have this solid basis that gives them beautiful insights in the situation. Maybe this is a right moment to open the BG (Bhagavad Gita) at a random page and see what's on there and how I can relate that to my own personal life and mindset.  I'll just copy the purport, since it's not that long and really easy to read.

Chapter 11 text 4
If you think that I am able to behold your cosmic form, O my Lord, O master of all mystic power, then kindly show me that unlimited universal Self.

Purport by his divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada:
It is said that one can neither see, hear, understand nor perceive the Supreme Lord, Krishna, by the material senses. But if one is engaged in loving transcendental service to the Lord from the beginning, then one can see the Lord by revelation. Every living entity is only a spiritual spark; therefore it's not possible to see or to understand the Supreme Lord. Arjuna, as a devotee, does not depend on his speculative strength; rather, he admits his limitations as a living entity and acknowledges Krishna's inestimable position. Arjuna could understand that for a living entity it's not possible to understand the unlimited infinite. If the infinite reveals Himself, then it's possible to understand the nature of the infinite by the grace of the infinite. The word yogesvara  is also very significant here (in the Sanskrit verse) because the Lord has inconceivable power. If He likes, He can reveal Himself by His grace, although He is unlimited. Therefore Arjuna pleads for the inconceivable grace of Krishna. He does not give Krishna order. Krishna is not obliged to reveal Himself unless one surrenders fully in Krishna consciousness and engages in devotional service. Thus it is not possible for persons who depend on the strength of their mental speculations to see Krishna.

Well I think this is a quite clear verse. Krishna's power is inconceivable and since He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, of course we are not able to command him to show his universal form, four armed form or two armed form to us. We can only pray, plea and work hard in order to maybe, maybe once realize Him fully. That takes a lot of hard work, devotion, and a lot of love (for Krishna of course, since all there is, is Krishna, and the only thing we need to do is realize that, that Krishna is within and without, and that everything we can see/touch/smell or otherwise, is ultimately Krishna's external energy. Actually, we should treat His external energy with the respect that He deserves.)


If I anywhere/ at any time have a misconception or you feel like adding something to the things that I've said/quoted from the Gita, please write this in the comments below,

 Hare Krishna.

Comments

Popular Posts