The continuation of the fairy tale

This is the story of how my boyfriend turned into my fiance. e parked the car in some parking garage not far from centennial park and then walked towards the park, then suddenly purna makes me walk into another thing! We’re walking towards what seems the entrance of a huge hotel, there was a valet and everything. So Purna said very seriously: “I got a reservation under the name Partha Chakraborty?” The guy checks his thing real quick and sends us up the 6th floor. All the while I’m completely confused about what is going on, I thought we were going ice skating! Then at the 6th floor we looked around a little to see where we had to go next, because this couldn’t be the restaurant already. So we went left, came to a little desk and Purna told the lady again that we had a reservation. There was already three or four couples standing there, waiting until the elevator would lift them up to the amazing restaurant on top of this building. When the elevator came, we stood on the right side, amazed by the view of the city by night. The elevator went up and our ears just popped cause of the speed with which we were going. I looked at Purna, feeling so happy while still surprised. So we came up, the guy at the desk asked us to wait for a moment while he would get our table ready. Following him down the steps to our table I noticed how the entire restaurant was moving around its axes. It was perfectly  circular. We sat down, amazed by the fanciness of the place and excited about the nearby future. The menu looked pretty good, although there weren’t many vegetarian dishes, what was on there sounded pretty exotic. The waiter poured some water, we looked at the menu’s, joking how fancy this thing was. We ended up getting both an appetizer. He had a Caesar salad and I chose the potato leek soup. It was very very very tasty. His salad was like a painting, with saus everywhere and beautifully arranged leaves of salad covered by a twisted and turned piece of toast. Then we ordered our main dish. Purna chose the pasta and I chose the artichokes. I got an interesting piece of artwork with baby carrots, onions, crazy other vegetables and delicious spinach. Sadly I couldn’t finish it, and neither could he. So when the time came to order a desert I was more in favor of one of the fancy drinks they advertised at the beginning of the evening. But Purna said: How often are you going to come in a restaurant like this, money is no issue. So just enjoy and take a desert. His arguments sounded solid so I chose the chocolate bar with coconut ice cream. Went to the bathroom, and when I came back I saw the waiters make a gorgeous boat of my napkin. Hey, that took my attention and it made me almost expect a ring in there. But when I came and sat down at the table again nothing happened, I even pushed the little napkin boat aside to see what happened, said: nice boat and looked at the menu. And then the waiter came with our deserts. It looked amazing! On the plate was a big glass boll and on the side of the plate was lots of chocolate dressing sprinkled around. The glass was kinda reflecting so I couldn’t see well what was under there. But it looked mainly green. Then Purna suddenly stood up, walked to my side of the table and lifted the boll. Before he lifted I asked him: what are you doing?!  He smiled but didn’t answer. So when he reached me and stood behind my chair, he picked up the boll and under that boll was the ring.. I felt my mouth forming into a huge smile and looked at him while he picked up the box and went down on one knee. He told me: You are the funniest, craziest and most retarded girl I’ve ever met; you make me a better person and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you.. marry me? And I was already nodding, YES YES Of course I want to marry you you idiot! I’m not sure if I actuallt said that but that was how I felt. ;-) we hugged and kissed and he put the ring on my finger. I showed it to the camera  that the waiter was holding in his hand. I was in some sort of ecstatic mood all this time and couldn’t stop smiling. We continued our dinner with the real desert and still, according to the expectations couldn’t finish it. Afterwards he took the check and payed. We had a little photoshoot with our main waiter, Abdel. How the events unfolded themselves was simply amazing, nothing could ever outdo this experience. Afterwards we went to centennial park, took some nice pictures with the giant Christmas tree that was put up there. We talked to this couple who was really into IBE, some extreme dancing. Then we went back to the car, but we couldn’t find the car in the parking garage. After a lot of walking around we figured out that we were in the wrong place. The car was in the garage a little further down the road. 

Comments

Popular Posts